Internet delivered cognitive behavior therapy for antenatal depression: A randomised controlled trial.
Follow up: 10 weeks
Total: 42 (39)
IG: 22 (21)
CG: 20 (18)
- Pregnant 10>28 weeks
- Meet diagnostic criteria for major depression.
Intervention: Guided self-help treatment where reading material (about 75,000 words), assessments, homework and work-sheets were delivered via a secure online platform. Patients also had a therapist providing regular feedback, encouragements and support in written messages
Duration: 10 weeks
Add on: +
Control group: Usual care
- MADRS-S (depression) ↓ (improved
- EPDS →
- Two patients reported one minor adverse event, which was that they felt stressed about not keeping up with the treatment program.
- Good satisfaction
- Logged in 34.1 times during 10 weeks treatment.
Staff experiences: NA
- Development of online platform
- Messaging patients
Health care utilization: NA