Randomized, Open-Label, Parallel Group Study to Evaluate the Effect of Internet-Based Glucose Management System on Subjects with Diabetes in China.
Setting: China, Hospital
Total: 220 (182)
IG: 110 (92)
CG: 110 (90)
– Diagnosed with diabetes for over 1 year
– HbA1c levels of 7.0–10.0%
– Data transfer
– Blood sugar monitoring through the internet.
– Visit on hospital every 3 months
– Changes in blood sugar levels visible, and possible to receive messages on computer.
– first 3 months, the nurses provided recommendations regarding blood sugar control on a weekly basis, and then biweekly recommendations were provided for the remaining 3 months
Duration: 6 months
Add on: NA
Control group: Conventional treatment
– HbA1c →
– Weight →
– BMI →
– Development of webpage
– Education for medical team regarding how to use the system
– Staff resources
Online communication/messaging with patients
– Skilled IT professionals to operate system
Health care utilization: