Telemedicine diabetes consultations are cost-effective, and effects on essential diabetes treatment parameters are similar to conventional treatment: 7-year results from the Svendborg Telemedicine Diabetes Project.
Setting: Denmark, Hospital
Follow up: NA
CG: From DVDD database 36.890 pt.
- Min 6 month of telemedicine diabetes control
Intervention: Audiovisual contact between physician situated in his office at mainland (Svendborg) and patient + nurse situated in a clinic on the island Aeroe. Standard diabetes parameters evaluated.
Add on: NA
Control group: Usual care
- HbA1c ↓
Patient safety: NA
Patient experiences: NA
Staff experiences: NA
- Hardware and software installation
- Service hardware and software
- Nurse transported to the island once a week
- Nurse travelling to the island
Health care utilization: NA