Telemonitoring of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Italy.
Follow up: 12 months.
IG: 208 (166)
CG: 91 (77)
– Diabetes type2
– HbA1c > 53mmol/mol (7.0%)
– Home care portal (Gateway for data transmission.)
Intervention: Patients monitored and transmitted data to an eHealth Center. Clinicians could access the Home
Care portal any time and were informed when anomalies were detected, to take appropriate action.
Add on: NA
Control group: Usual care
– HbA1c →
– Physical Component Summary →
– Mental Component Summary ↓ (worse)
Home monitoring equipment
– Blood glucose
– staff for monitoring clinical data
Health care utilization:
– Outpatient visits to diabetologists ↓
– Planned hospitalization ↓
– Emergency department visits →
– Bed days for hospitalized patients →